On behalf of a business based in the centre of Reading I am looking for Permanent Capital/Project Accountant to join their expanding finance team.
My client are based centrally in Reading and offer a lot of parking for their growing finance team. They offer a unique environment in which flexible hours and work/life balance is important.
The successful applicant for this permanent Capital/Project Accountant role will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare capital budgets and forecasts for review by the Technical Accounting Manager in liaison with key contacts.
- Assist colleagues with the preparation of business cases for major budgets, ensuring all costs are fully captured and benefits accurately considered.
- Act as the Finance approver for day to day expenditure on capital expenditure projects, ensuring expenditure is within budget and coded correctly.
- Produce medium and long term cashflows relating to capital projects and liaise closely with the Treasury Manager to ensure all cash flow implications are considered.
- Maintain the fixed asset register ensuring additions and disposals, including sales of land, are accounted for correctly and monthly reconciliations are carried out between the fixed asset register and the general ledger.
- Provide regular input into the planning and budgeting cycle including accurate forecasting of depreciation charges.
To be considered for this permanent role you must posses the following:
- Previous exposure to a financial/project accountant role
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- CIMA / ACCA studier or equivalent
- Intermediate Excel and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
This position offers a highly competitive salary of £30-40k depending on experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package.