Management Accountant/ Commercial Analyst
An established global Technology company is recruiting for a Commercial UK Management Accountant who has strong analytical skills and experience, reporting to the Head of Finance and working closely with the CFO and other Finance team members.
Role definition and scope
We are seeking a commercially strong individual, who will be key to driving the continued growth of the business through the monthly management reporting and analysis prepared. You will be CIMA qualified and have experience as a commercial analyst, who has a proactive attitude for continual improvement and driving results. Management and reporting of revenue, both project and on–going revenue is a key deliverable as well as the development of routine monthly reporting to enable an improved control of costs. You will be ambitious and want to grow as the business continues to grow both in the UK and internationally.
The role will Business Partner with key client facing and delivery teams across the business.
- Managing the month end process, ensuring the monthly reporting is delivered on time and accurately
- Production of monthly UK Management Accounts, ensuring that the required analysis is included to understand the underlying financial performance
- Ensure completeness of revenue, through analysis and ensuring appropriate controls and processes are in place across the buisness
- Accounting for the costs of the business and challenging the business through the production of appropriate monthly cost centre reporting
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of total business signed and new business and the closing order book for the business.
- Produce analysis on the profitability of projects
- Support the development of KPI's used for external reporting
- Produce ad hoc analysis
Budgeting and forecasting
- Significant contribution to the budgeting process and the development of the budget model.
- Producing the budget output schedules and the reporting and analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations for deferred revenue, deferred costs and costs
- Assisting on ad hoc project work
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree and CIMA qualified
- Extensive experience of commercial analysis
- Experience of working in a strong control environment, with experience of implementing strong controls and processes
- Knowledge of NetSuite ideal
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong team player with extensive commercial and analytical skills with intellectual curiosity
- Results driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and meaningful financial data
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- You will possess the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- An individual who is inquisitive in nature
- An ambitious individual, who wants to drive the business to grow the bottom line who also wants to grow as the business continues to grow
In return for skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary plus benefits and a fantastic working environment with excellent office facilities.