Business Analyst – Part Time
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to work part time (2.5 or 3 days a week) on a Temporary contract, which will then be converted into a Fixed Term Contract for 1 year (covering maternity leave). The closest station is Kings Cross, London and this role is paying GBP35,000 – GBP40,000 (pro rata).
Who will you be working for
Our client is a publishing house with a strong commercial arm to the business. As a widely recognised media organisation, you will be joining an exciting and dynamic team. This role is based within the Kings Cross area which makes your morning and evening commute easily accessible to public transport.
What will you be doing
Working across all Live products, the role has sufficient breadth to provide cover for the Director and be responsible for the financial management and P&L of all Live products.
Strategy & Relationships
- Commercial owner of the Live Events proposition
- Working with Programming and Producers to evolve our products and increase profitability.
- Working with the Director and finance team to draft budgets and forecasts for our products.
- Tracking the financial performance – proactively working with the consumer marketing team, customer optimisation team to analyse sales trends and assess pricing elasticity.
- To actively promote agile activity around how to drive and promote sales working in high levels of collaboration with consumer marketing.
Day to Day Operations
- Weekly report
- WCPM commentary
- Owning budget/s
- Business analysis
- Forecasting and P&L
- Input into the planning process
- Analytical skills
- Finance experience – Forecasting (quarterly and yearly), updating PL and review of management accounts, Month end checks and reporting for Live team, Vat calc, Point of contact between live team and finance, etc
- Business acumen
- Have intermediate skills for Excel and/or google sheets.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join a highly established publishing outlet and work alongside a team of friendly and hardworking professionals. This role is part time and best suits someone looking for flexible work to coincide with other work or hobbies they may have ongoing.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Not ready to apply, or have some questions first?
Call or email me, Mehmet Yilmaz at Gordon Yates, to discuss in confidence.