Production Accountant - TV & Broadcasting
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Production Accountant to join a well–known Television Studio based in London. The role will report into the Snr Production Accountant.
A key purpose of this role is to provide finance support to both the production management community and the Head of Finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the financial control and reporting systems necessary to maintain budgetary control over a production and provide financial reporting to the production team
- Provide accounting support
- Liaise between production teams, finance teams and the BSC to ensure an accurate and efficient flow of transactional information, and prompt and accurate payments of staff and suppliers in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Critically analyse production budgets and suggest and implement cost control measures where appropriate
- Liaise with the Procurement Team to effectively drive down costs
- Management of project closure and creditor process for productions
- Champion and communicate Best Practice across productions
The ideal candidate will have prior experience assisting in production accounting, ideally within TV. You should be proactive, have excellent communication skills and have confidence working in a busy and demanding environment. Strong Excel knowledge and a positive and professional work ethic are absolutely essential! An interest in TV/ Production is also highly desired!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under–represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.