Senior Cost Accountant
Great opportunity for a forward-thinking and strong management accountant to join a Global manufacturing business's European Finance team.
Our client is a well-known, Global manufacturing business who pride themselves on their innovative and forward-thinking solutions.
- Provision of the Monthly Reporting Pack to the Vice Presidents and Directors along with individual Cost Centre Managers for a portfolio of functions including explanations of variances to budget by cost centre for both revenue and capital expenditure. This will include analysis across up to five to eight functions, approximately 500 co-workers and include the Sustainability, Research and Development and Marketing function.
- Working as part of the team in preparing submission of the Monthly Management Reporting to Group Controlling from SAP to HFM for each management entity in accordance with group timetable.
- Support each Central Functions internal allocation model to ensure clear cost tracking and consistency of treatment between actual and budget.
- Facilitate and provide source data and summaries of foreign currency posting.
- Maintain good financial discipline within the team though the active management of the Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure completion on a timely and accurate basis to include the follow up and clearance of reconciling items. This will include the follow up and billing of any Central Function recharges.
- Coordination of the Budget and Forecasting process across the cost centre portfolio assigned.
- Work with each Central Functions to define, document and agree the internal allocation model of cost assignment to plant and prepare the supporting Allocation file to reconcile Function cost budgets and support transfer pricing requirements of European tax in accordance with the management services agreement.
- Support, processing and approval to HR for payroll covering the UK central team. This will include monthly reconciliation of payroll and international assignee balances.
- Working with the Controller, European Tax, Procurement and Sales Teams in the preparation of the interim and final Value Chain Model (VCM) model. This will include managing the budget extracts for interim billing at May and actual cost true up at October for the prior year across the business and preparation of all necessary schedules and statutory adjustments.
- Preparation of the half and full year reporting including the submission of the Statutory Reporting Packs.
- Provision of the Tax Pack analysis to enable European Tax to compile the Corporation tax analysis on a timely and efficient manner. This will include the determination of the function's UK tax cost base, "own costs".
- Other ad hoc activities as required by the function's Accounting Manager.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Experience of the workings for a central corporate financial operation is preferred.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Good knowledge of IT applications especially SAP and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Good understanding of the workings of a shared service finance function and international organisation.
- Computer literate and manipulation of data using Microsoft application
- A working knowledge of transfer pricing and indirect tax across European jurisdictions would be advantageous.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, dealing with financial and non-financial managers.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with attention to detail.
Up to £45,000 basic + bonus + benefits