Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager - Taxation and Business Services
Head quartered in Sydney, Addsum is a comprehensive professional service firm with offices and establishments in Melbourne, Auckland and Shanghai. Since its establishment back in 2002, Addsum has been providing a range of professional services such as accounting, advisory, auditing, taxation, mortgage and finance services to its clients. Addsum is a leading professional firm in the market.
Addsum is proud of serving multinational companies in Australia. Our clients include those top Chinese banks, Chinese airlines, high profile Stated owned enterprises as well as listed and private companies in telecommunication, hospitality, real estate development, funds management industries and many other not-for-profit organisations.
Our firm is unique and it is a fast-growing firm in the Australian market and that means new and exciting opportunities for our people.
You will be at the forefront of the increasing Australia China bilateral business trends. Your cross-border experience and bilingual skill at Addsum will bring you to pioneer a new era of building a stronger team to serve cross-border investors. We celebrate both Australian and Chinese festivals.
It is rewarding to be able to use your accounting and tax expertise and cross-border insights to work seamlessly between Australia and China to assist your clients, build your portfolio, drive your entrepreneurship. You will have your pathway to a partner role in the future.
In addition, Addsum is:
- an Approved Training Employer (ATE) by Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- a Recognized Employer Partner (REP) by CPA Australia
- an Approved Employer by Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship.
Job details preview
Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager - Sydney
Position Key Responsibilities:
This is an exciting role ideal for young professionals looking to further advance in his/her professional career. You will be part of the taxation and business services team and have the opportunity to work for different partners in the firm. Your key responsibilities include:
- Managing a diverse portfolio of clients from HNW individuals, family groups to multinational corporations in various industry sectors
- Making delivery a mix of tax compliance and advisory work
- Liaising with ATO on behalf of clients
- Coaching, developing and reviewing the work of junior accountants
- Supporting manager in improving business workflow and process
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of complex international and Australian tax issues faced by large Australian and multinational corporations, including:
- GST grouping
- GST margin scheme
- Tax advisory in planning and cross-border structuring
- Tax due diligence in M&A deals
- Income tax consolidation
- Capital gains tax rollovers and concessions
- Country-by-country reporting and transfer pricing
- Thin capitalisation and other international tax issues
Just to name a few. Such exposure would be very valuable for candidates who are keen to further develop and expand technical skill set in taxation.
This position is ideal for candidates looking to advance to a manager role and beyond. You will be working with the partners and managers on business processes, team management and client relationship maintenance. You will receive full support to help you get ready to the next leap in your accounting career.
Required Skill Set and Attributes:
- CA/CPA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in tax or business service
- High level of attention to details
- Strong technical skills in tax and accounting is essential
- Ability to multitask and work in a team
- Ability to communicate efficiently with client and build rapport
- Average client turnover is above $10 million
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese Mandarin
- Previous education or work experience in China is preferred
- Have Australian permanent residency or hold a relevant visa to work on full time basis
- Local experience in Australian public practice is essential
- An honest and ethical approach to business which will provide a natural fit with Addsum’s values
Please send us your CV via the form below.