I am working with a high growth e–commerce and manufacturing business; that require a bright and ambitious Finance Manager to join their team. After receiving significant funding, they are looking to continue expanding and to cement their position as a top market player. This role offers limitless opportunities for progression; and will be well suited to someone that is good with data, enjoys improving processes and controls, and thrives when working autonomously.
This role will report into the Senior Finance Manager and the COO. It will also involve liaising with Deloitte Propel and other teams as required. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Full ownership of month end; and improving the current processes.
- Ensuring data collection is timely and accurate.
- Assisting the Senior Finance Manager in continuing to build a management reporting and variance analysis to provide clear and concise business oversight to the founders and investors.
- Processing, formulating and analysing large volumes of revenue sales data each month.
- Working with Deloitte to bring their monthly accounting processes in–house (including weekly payment reconciliations and monthly sales data imports and accruals), training a future junior hire to take this on and review their work.
- Assisting in all other monthly reporting requirements, e.g. manual journals for any one–off transactions, with a view to take ownership of these thereafter. Analyse trends and liaise with other teams (retail/commercial/logistics) to understand what is driving the numbers.
- Working with the Senior Finance Manager and the COO to improve cross China–UK team financial processes and controls, with the aim of improving reporting data quality.
- Be fully involved from with the intended ERP system implementation during 2019 to ensure smooth transition from the current accounting system and month end processes.
It is important to stress that due to the high growth nature of the business, the role will inevitably build and develop in line with the individual's interests. Subsequently, one of the large benefits of this role is that the candidate is joining at an exciting time and can make a real impact on the business if you have initiative and drive.
- Must be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified; 1–2 years PQE in an eCommerce business will be highly beneficial.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets are necessary.
- Significant experience using accounting software, Xero or similar.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Excited to work in an entrepreneurial fast paced business.
- Experience implementing an ERP system will put a candidate at huge advantage.