Our clinet is looking for an ambitious newly qualified Financial Accountant to join the finance team of an exciting technology business. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this newly created role will be responsible for a broad range of day to day finance duties including preparation of statutory financial statements, month end close process, payroll, sales and purchase ledger management, supplier payments, and payment reconciliations.
A rapidly growing technology business based in central London
- General ledger: manage day-to-day accounting for multiple entities and jurisdictions, including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangibles, payroll, intercompany transactions, accruals, allocations and general ledger maintenance. This includes preparing month-end close journal entries and completing balance-sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Consolidation: preparation of multi-currency consolidated group financial statements
- Fixed asset register: maintain accurate fixed asset records
- Intercompany transactions: liaise with other entities to ensure consolidated intercompany accounts are accurate and reconciled, record intercompany transactions with subsidiaries and parent company.
- Compliance and reporting: responsible for compliance with all company, tax and accounting regulations including companies house filings, pension declaration, payroll taxes, VAT and corporation tax
- Payments: Ensure that suppliers and employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Reconciliation: reconciliation of all bank accounts, credit cards and cryptocurrency holdings
- Reporting: preparation of consolidated financial statements under IFRS
- Budgeting: assist with annual/bi-annual budgeting and forecasting
- Ideal for any newly qualified ACA looking for their first step into industry
- Solid knowledge of consolidations, IFRS and generally accepted accounting principles
- While not necessary, an interest in new technologies such as the blockchain and/or gambling would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel
- A hardworking, self starter who is able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial finance department using cloud based packages such as Xero would be advantageous
- Strong organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Salary from £50,000 to £55,000
- Private medical health insurance
- cycle to work scheme,
- travel season ticket loan
- A fun environment and modern office space in central London.