Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their EMEA Accountancy team, you will be joining a team of 4 to support with general finance related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP for accounting transactions, entering GL entries, preparing balance sheet account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close and financial reporting.
A global technology company providing a service to boards and senior executives. With a presence in over 80 countries, this role is situated in their spectacular Central London offices.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting and the general ledger structure for the clients legal entities in EMEA and APAC.
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Prepare journal entries and monthly account reconciliations, experience of netsuite or coupa will be useful but not essential
- Provide support or act as accounting lead in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including system upgrades and implementations, merger and acquisition related activities, and new products offered by business units.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Financial Accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned
Required Experience/Skills of the Assistant Accountant:
- Preferably two years of relevant working experience and comfortable performing the above tasks
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations
- The ability to multitask, and work in a fast moving environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
£28,000 + 5% bonus with a comprehensive benefits package that includes study support