German speaking Credit Controller
This is a role for a German speaking Credit Controller to join a growing accountancy team in the heart of London.
Page are proud to represent this growing organisation providing technology across the globe for large organisations. As they move forward they now have new availability for a German speaking Credit Controller to join the team.
The main responsibilities are:
- Collects outstanding balances on overdue invoices as per a pre-established time line, which involves sending out standardized collection notices and composing emails to address specific collection situations.
- Negotiate payment terms with specific guidelines or based on guidelines provided by management.
- Determine when to deny a client access to a virtual data rooms because of overdue payments based on various factors including the account's payment history and the nature of the business relationship.
- Complete the reconciliation of accounts usually as the result of a dispute by matching each charge to the client with each payment received.
- Discusses open items with clients until a resolution is reached.
- Recommend when to assign uncollectible accounts to a collection agency. Discusses alternatives with sales representatives.
- Prepare and provides ad hoc analytical reports on the status of assigned accounts in a spreadsheet format.
- Run a weekly ageing report to obtain a list of past due accounts needed to proceed with collection activities.
- Communicate with sales representatives and the billing help desk specialists to resolve disputes raised by clients and follow up on resolutions in order to move forward with cash collection.
- Arrange for changes to account information by setting up tickets with the billing help desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful German speaking Credit controller will:
- Have 3+ years exposure in a collections environment
- Have worked in a subscription based business prior (desirable)
- maintain accurate record of clients payments and processes
- Weekly and monthly reporting to senior team members
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong understanding of systems and processes (excel, v-look ups, Pivot tables...)
- Strong written communication skills
The candidate will be offered a competitive salary depending on experience and skill set.