We're Teva, a global pharmaceutical company, committed to increasing access to high–quality healthcare to patients around the world. You may not have heard of us – we often think of ourselves as the biggest secret in healthcare – but our medicines are taken by millions of patients around the world every single day. From leading innovative branded medicines that treat diseases and conditions like multiple sclerosis, asthma and cancer, to a portfolio of generic medicines that is one of the widest in our industry, treating conditions as diverse as epilepsy and eczema – we touch the lives of over 200 million patients around the world every day.
We're proud of that, and the fact that we've got big household brand names like Sudocrem?? and Infacol?? in our consumer healthcare range too. We're the company that supplies more medicines to the NHS than anyone else; that makes us a vital part of the UK healthcare system.
And we're not sitting still: we have our eyes firmly on the future. We are looking at new technologies, innovative devices, and a fresh approach to health and well–being services. We are partnering with technology, digital and e–health companies to help make treatment options that are fit for the future. If this is a future you want to be a part of, read on.
We've got a vacancy for a Tax Accountant to join our finance team in Castleford. You could be a Qualified Tax Accountant already, or looking to develop a career in Finance, what's important to us is your potential.
We can offer you support to complete finance and tax exams, we positively encourage continuous professional development in all our roles. We recognise that everyone is different and everyone will bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to the team. We are looking for something special; be it a unique blend of experience or a slightly different career path; or a passion and personality that makes you stand out. We don't want a team of clones from the same path and the same mould. We are looking for individuals.
As Tax Accountant you will be required to assist with all taxes applicable in the business, reporting to the UK Tax Senior Manager, in return you will have the opportunity to work with a world leader in healthcare.
The role is based in our UK Head Office in Castleford, West Yorkshire, which is just ten minutes away from Leeds on the M62. We're 5 minutes' walk from Glasshoughton station, in a modern distribution center, with free parking on site which is a definite bonus!and on–site subsidised restaurant.
As well as competitive benefits you can flex to suit your lifestyle, we offer a flexible working culture to help you manage your work life balance. Things like our informal dress down office environment, and our range of well–being activities (which include our popular lunch time boot camp exercise sessions) are just some of the ways we create a great place to work.
We're happy share that 84% of our employees told us that they would recommend Teva as a place to work to their friends and family. That's a great endorsement for us, and if that sounds like a company you'd like to work for, please apply for this role.
- Assist in gathering the data for the preparation of the corporation tax computations for the UK entities, which is outsourced to a professional firm.
- Assist with the US GAAP accounting disclosures in HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and supporting calculations and documentation.
- Support the statutory accounts in terms of tax disclosures and liabilities.
- Corporation tax quarterly payment calculations and liaising with HMRC where required.
- Research in to tax technical matters
- Support processes to give a clear tax governance process throughout the business, including both SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and SAO (Senior accounting officer) reporting obligations
- Assist with Transfer pricing; policy development and implementation
Provide internal VAT/indirect taxes technical knowledge and capability. To be utilised particularly in respect of:
- Analysing accounts payable and accounts receivable reports on a monthly basis, including reconciliation of the VAT account
- Preparation/review of group entity VAT returns quarterly,
- Consideration of the existing process for the preparation of the VAT returns and to identify/implement changes to improve the process to maximise efficiency in preparation and accuracy to minimise associated risk, following the change of reporting systems
- Assisting with associated HMRC queries
- Providing assistance with ad hoc VAT queries from group members
- Assisting with implementation of VAT initiatives and working with the Europe VAT team
- Providing internal tax technical training, at the appropriate level
Assist on employment tax reporting requirements including:
- PAYE settlement agreement calculations
- Short Term business visitor reporting obligations
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Business tax knowledge
- Strong communication skills, to facilitate the clear and effective communication of tax compliance procedures across the business, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve and propose practical solutions, obtaining agreement from stakeholder
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.