Head of Project Accounting
Who Are We
Founded in 1992 and with over 700 staff, Galliard is a property development, hospitality and management group overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London and southern England with a £1.1 billion portfolio of over 5,900 homes, hotels, retail premises and commercial properties.
With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London's leading property developer.
The Head of Project Accounting will report to the Group Financial Controller and manage a team of four project accountants. They will be responsible for providing insight, interpreting and explaining the drivers for business performance and forecasting potential outcomes.
* Build strong relationships with the Investment Team, Construction Management and JV Partners as required.
* Encourage business partnering between the project accounting team and the rest of the business.
* Ensure accurate reporting across c100 projects for both cost and revenue lines from the project accounting team.
* Coordinate the timely request of funding from JV partners as required, ensuring sufficient equity funding is in place to meet project demands.
* Review analysis of all costs against budget and ensure the team are challenging the business where not in line with forecast.
* Ensure all costs are accurately allocated to the correct project and adjust as required.
* Review production of quarterly reporting in line with Facility agreements and bank compliance covenants.
* Ensure profit share agreements are in place and all distributions are made in line with the agreements at the end of the project.
* Liaise with the Investment team to understand new projects, providing support to source and drawdown lending facilities.
* Provide support, review and challenge on investments in projects, acquisitions or developments from development of business cases, through the Property lifecycle to reviewing financial performance and outcomes.
* Qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA Accountant.
* Have specific relevant sector experience from Property ideally.
* Experience with dealing with JV partners/lending facilities.
* Proven experience of managing and motivating a team.
* Knowledge of finance agreements and covenant compliance essential.
* Someone who can operate with clarity and assurance with a positive and engaging manner.
* Display attributes of someone who is pro-active, can show their own initiative and has the curiosity and desire to improve the function, implement your vision and make positive change.
* Prepared to interact with the rest of the business on all levels to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
* 24 days holiday.
* Private healthcare scheme.
* Pension scheme.
* Competitive salary.