Commercial Finance - Operations Controller
Great opportunity for an up and coming newly qualified accountant to independently manage the business's Somerset site. This role provides excellent levels of autonomy and will allow the accountant to make full use of their commercial and business partnering skills.
Our client is a national FMCG brand with an excellent reputation and long-term contracts with some of the UK's biggest brands.
- Prepare and execute period end tasks at the required standard to the required time scales and highlight deviations from plans.
- Provides analysis of performance against operations targets and proposes actions to rectify shortfall or improve outcomes.
- Proposes key financial measures in line with the 3YP and Improvement plans for the local Plant Leadership team and monitors against progress.
- Participates as a member of the Bridgwater Plant Leadership Team [PLT], led by the Bridgwater Plant General Manager.
- Supports the Bridgwater Plant GM in monitoring, challenging and managing the contributions from the other members of the PLT.
- Calculate, prepare and post nominal ledger postings within set deadlines.
- Maintain all necessary records and prepare all required period end allocations to ensure that reporting, costing and invoicing in relation to the Bridgwater site can be executed accurately and to time.
- Support negotiations with in-house Logistics Services management customers on price, service, contractual terms, working capital control etc.
- Commercial and accounting support for Logistics Services accounts in order to:
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and correct accounting entries
- Assist if preparation of commercial propositions
- Prepare and produce customer returns (i.e. turnover reports etc.)
- Prepare financial calculations / models to support capital expenditure business cases.
- Ad hoc projects & analysis as required from time to time.
- The position has direct accountability for pulling information from across the business and presenting this in an accurate format which can be the basis for the Senior Managers to make decisions.
- The position has direct accountability for maintaining and producing accurate financial information.
- The position has shared accountability for ensuring that the Operations targets for the Bridgwater site are met or exceeded.
Competitive basic + benefits