Accounts Senior- Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants!
A leading firm of chartered accountants based near Orpington s seeking an Accounts Senior who will support the Business Services team in providing a range of accountancy and tax related services. An opportunity to be a key addition and become a pivotal team member, of a highly reputable and successful accountancy practice in Kent and progress in your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an Accounts Senior in one of the most successful and well regarded firms of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers in the Kent region. The offices near Orpington has a great team and an environment fostering development, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop in your career, both increasing your hands on technical knowledge, along with developing wider competencies and abilities, as you develop within the firm and role.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, companies and partnerships
- Preparation of simple corporation tax computations and returns
- Preparation of personal tax computations and returns
- Preparation of simple VAT returns
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgeted fees and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Keeping senior management/engagement partner fully informed at all times of progress on jobs, in particular if there is likely to be an unplanned write off
- Liasing with managers and/or team leaders across the firm to ensure the teams are making best use of the resources available at all times
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by team members when required
- Any ad hoc assignments or tasks
You will have the following experience:
AAT qualification or studying ACA/ ACCA, or suitably experienced as below:
Previous experience gained within an Accountancy Practice, with knowledge in accounts preparation and wider responsibilities providing services for sole traders, partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies
You will be seeking a role and career move with genuine potential to progress and develop within your accountancy practice career, building on your technical knowledge and hands on experience, with increasing responsibility, client contact and chance to work on wider project work, assisting managers and partners.
This Kent based role is offering a competitive salary, plus attractive benefits and study support, negotiable and dependent on experience level and background, more details on confidential application and further discussion.