ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for an Internal Auditor on a fixed term maternity contract until February 2020. This position sits within the Corporate Assurance team and is based in our London office.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Working with senior management and other key stakeholders to devise scope, objectives and terms of reference for individual assignments to ensure audits focus on key business risks
- Documenting and assessing internal controls in all parts of the global business, ensuring best practice is applied in areas of: financial and process controls, corporate governance, risk management, business continuity, value for money, procurement and contract management, business operations and regulation
- Developing and implementing audit testing strategies and procedures - documenting evidence obtained, analysing results and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Preparing audit reports which clearly identify and delineate key control issues and key risks to strategy
- Assisting in the creation of the annual risk-based internal audit plan, including the underlying risk assessment and identification of key priorities
- Assisting with monitoring the implementation of agreed audit recommendations and management action plans, including drafting explanatory narrative for reports to the Executive Team and Audit Committee
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a professionally qualified accountant and/or fully qualified CMIIA
- Has proven experience in internal audit, governance and risk management
- Has proven experience and ability to work across boundaries and at all levels in a complex, diverse and matrixed organisation – international exposure is highly desirable
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business
- Possesses excellent written communication skills with the attention to detail required to undertake and report on audit assignments
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including Private Healthcare, Income Protection and Group Pension Plan
- Customisable benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.