Portfolio Head - Business Reporting
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Portfolio Head – Business Reporting on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Professional Insights department based in our London office.
This role leads the Business Reporting team within Professional Insights. The team work on a portfolio of topics that consider the future trends impacting the accountancy profession specifically in the areas of taxation, audit, corporate reporting and integrated reporting, and business law.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Overseeing the development, in collaboration with colleagues, Global Forums and external subject specialists, of high-quality thought leadership and policy positions on areas relevant to the Business Reporting portfolio
- Leading and managing a team of 5 experienced subject matter experts
- Working closely with and influencing, key external stakeholders to ensure ACCA’s contribution to the development of policy, standards and practice
- Acting as one of ACCA’s external representatives on subjects within the Business Reporting portfolio
- Working with the other members of the management team to ensure that the strategy and business plans for Professional Insights fully reflect and anticipate developments on relevant subject areas
- Working with the Professional Insights Development Team, ensuring that projects run on time, on budget and in formats that will have maximum impact
- Advising senior management and external stakeholders on the development of policy and/or practice
- Actively contributing to the management and growth of ACCA’s network of influential stakeholders
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is educated to degree level and/or a professionally qualified accountant
- Has knowledge of, or interest in, the subjects covered by the Business Reporting portfolio i.e. future trends impacting the accountancy profession in particular across the areas of tax, audit, corporate reporting, integrated reporting and business law
- Has experience, substantial knowledge and specialism in tax is highly desirable
- Has proven experience of line management and development of a team of experienced subject matter experts
- Can demonstrate proven impact through the creation and launch of thought leadership and content pieces for business audiences
- Has previous experience in developing policy positions in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Possesses experience of structuring research and reporting in a logical, rigorous and effective manner
- Can evidence a senior-level network and profile in key communities within the business reporting portfolio environment
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including Private Healthcare, Income Protection and Group Pension Plan
- Customisable benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.