To provide support to the Divisional Finance Manager and Financial Analyst by producing reports to monitor and analyse the financial performance of the practice groups and global division for which they are responsible.
Support analysis of financial information and assist with key processes such as budgeting, reforecasting and month end reporting.
To respond to ad hoc queries from Divisional Finance Manager and Business Managers.
Sphere of influence
Divisional Finance Manager, Practice Business Managers, local HR and Marketing.
Liaise regularly with Group Reporting and the Business Intelligence & Analysis team.
Role does not own any budget.
Key responsibilities and challenges
1. Financial Analysis
The Practice Analysis team is responsible for the review and analysis of the key financial drivers for practice groups.
- Monthly compilation and analysis of financial performance, including producing variance analysis, for London and Global practice groups.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the different business models in operation across the practice groups within the division and have the ability to flex reporting to reflect this.
- Provide historical trend analysis and model future potential performance based on varying assumptions.
- Support the Divisional Finance Manager in dealing with ad hoc queries from Partners, Business Managers, Marketing, HR and practice support teams. This will be a significant part of the role and the individual will need to have strong data manipulation, excel and presentation skills to do this.
- Produce and distribute weekly management information to Divisional Finance Manager, Global Business Managers and Partners. Reports may include weekly utilisation, billings performance, analysis of hours charged, and new matters opened/closed. Respond to any queries following distribution of these reports.
- Provide financial reports to the Divisional Finance Manager and Business Managers to assist in practice area reviews.
- Assistance in preparation of presentations and data for management meetings.
3. Planning and Budgeting
- Provide support to the Divisional Finance Manager/Business Managers in the planning, reforecasting and annual budgeting exercises. Responsible for input into the budget model as well as production of reports to monitor and moderate budgets.
4. Financial Accounting
- Applying accounting knowledge to assist with analysis of Divisional results and issues.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
Confident, professional and self–assured manner.
Excellent attention to detail and determination to see tasks through to completion.
Ability to work both in a team and independently.
Client service mentality.
Ability to take the initiative.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Eagerness to learn and to face new challenges and experiences. (desirable)
Determination to establish and build rapport with key clients and network. (desirable)
Education / Qualification
Part qualified accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA or willingness to undertake accounting studies. May also consider recently qualified candidates.
Excellent modelling and data manipulation skills.
High degree of proficiency in Excel.
Professional Services Firm experience preferred (desirable)
Experience of SAP. (desirable)
Proficient in use of MS Power Point. (desirable)
Min 2 years general finance experience. (desirable)
Commercial awareness. (desirable)