CBRE Global Workplace Solutions 'Local Facilities Management' is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe's best–known companies. We are a Company that prides ourselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year–on–year.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Qualified Finance Manager to join us in a leadership position within our UK Services division.Main purpose
To lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial strategy, controls and management information for the Business Unit. Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Control – Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit. Continually review, maintain and improve cash–flow, margins and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
- Reporting – Prepare accurate Business Unit reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, and detailed Project Profitability reporting. Profit & Loss forecasts & annual plans. Adhoc reporting as requested by Business Unit or Divisional Management.
- Manage and Develop Contract Support Team – Recruit, Induct, manage, target, motive and develop. Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
- Business Relationships – Monthly formal Contract and Business unit reviews.Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on underperforming contracts
- Added Value – Provide financial and contract support leadership and direction in the Business Unit. This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge. Use specialist knowledge and experience to provide insight and influence to impact performance standards. Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of staff. Act as a specialist partner to the Business Unit Director to both advise and challenge senior management on performance.
- The successful person will hold a recognized CCAB accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with relevant PQE gained in a similar environment.
- A degree such as Math's, Economics or Finance an advantage but not essential.
- Strong management accounting and analytical skills are essential.
- The person should have the skills to manage and develop the contract support team.
- This role requires a person, who has a strong customer focus, promotes team spirit, boosts morale and who subscribes to the Company ethos of continual improvement.
- It is likely to suit an individual who is self motivated, reliable, and professional. They should be able to exercise an attention to detail which will be paramount to delivering the required job performance levels.
- Strong communication skills
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft packages (e.g. Excel, Word).
Business Unit Director and Divisional Finance Director