Group Tax Accountant - £55k + bonus
An opportunity to assist the Group Head of Tax on all tax matters across all areas of this rapidly-expanding financial institution.
A rapidly expanding brokerage institution.
- Preparation of the Group Tax Accounting provisions on a monthly, interim and annual basis for current and deferred tax in line with IFRS and local GAAP requirements.
- Assisting the Legal Entity Control team with the reporting of the current and deferred tax provisions, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
- Monitoring and analysing the Effective Tax Rate to assist the Finance Team understand the impacts of tax adjustments.
- Monitoring and maintaining reconciliations for all control accounts in line with UK Senior Accounting Officer requirements and other jurisdictions.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable Team and Accounts Receivable Team to ensure correct interpretation and application of UK VAT invoicing rules.
- Liaise with the Legal Entity Control team to assist in the preparation and review of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of quarterly EC Sales returns.
- Preparation of UK legal entity Corporation Tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of support documentation for the foreign corporation tax returns.
- Assist with monitoring withholding tax issues and compliance, such as AEOI, Certificates of Residence and US W- series forms
- Assistance with adhoc tax projects and the review and maintenance of the group Transfer Pricing Policy and documentation.
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Experience of VAT cross border transactions.
- Experience of Alpha Tax would be an advantage.
- Part-qualified accountant and/or equivalent tax qualification.
Direct access to a highly skilled Group Head of Tax.
Central London location.
Opportunity to work with a highly regarded global financial institution.