Accounts Receivable Team Leader
This is a Team Leader position for the direct debits team within a high-performing, Gloucestershire based finance function.
You should bring with you demonstrable skills in transactional finance (ideally sales ledger/AR, or credit control), as well as strong Excel skills and some awareness of process improvement. Managerial experience is not strictly required but you must be considered capable of leading a team.
Based in Stroud, this business has gone from strength to strength over the past decade and is renowned across the whole of the UK within their field.
They offer superb opportunities for progression within their sizeable (and growing) finance function.
Responsibilities within the team will include:
- Ensuring the processing of Direct Debit payments and instructions is completed in compliance with BACS Regulations and to agreed timescales.
- Reviewing DD correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Managing a queue of work items to agreed timelines. The work items will include customer queries, queries from other departments, and account maintenance tasks.
- Helping to lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects within the team and the wider business
- Providing ad hoc support to other finance teams as required.
The successful candidate should:
- Have proven experience within transactional finance, particularly Sales Ledger/Accounts Receivable or Credit Control.
- Regularly review processes and lead improvement projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Have strong Excel skills
- Have good systems capabilities (SAP desirable)
This role will pay a competitive basic salary, and offer excellent opportunities for career progression.