Lead Business Analyst
Role: Lead Business Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes (our headquarters)
Remuneration: GBP50,400 – GBP56,700 + bonus + pension + healthcare + generous annual leave allowance
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail – Europe's largest civil engineering project – to investment in world–class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Britain's railway has been growing for 150 years, without significant renewal. And yet it's required to carry more freight and passengers than ever before. We anticipate up to 400 million more passenger journeys by as soon as 2020. Investment and modernisation are absolutely essential.
So we're building the railway of the future. It's a colossal challenge. And we're relishing every moment. We're driven to delight our customers and help the economy thrive. We've already developed a world class reputation for taking care of our track – ours is one of the safest railways in Europe.
Naturally, we're constantly seeking new talent to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
About the role
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost–efficient and effective way, and enables them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT (RSIT) Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit–for–purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day–to–day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will interface between the routes in an end–to–end IT delivery lifecycle, identifying improvements and implementing efficiency changes. You will manage a team that is working on programmes, large projects and multiple complex work streams as well as contributing to these yourself.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the business change plans and programme, leading your team across the portfolio to identify the most appropriate solutions. You will provide the traceability between the business need, a set of planned outcomes, capabilities, deliverables and requirements.
- Engaging with multiple senior stakeholders across different business functions, Route Services IT (RSIT) senior leaders and subject matter experts to develop a clear articulation and understanding of the detailed business requirements and solutions to facilitate alignment with business need.
- Developing an unambiguous, complete and consistent quality of requirements specification that conforms to RSIT standards. Understanding the extent to which individual requirements are likely to impact the business case and other dependency areas across the portfolio.
- Providing IT industry best practice knowledge to support RSIT and the business in the application of the assessment and scoring of all business requirements in order to identify sound prioritisation and risk–based testing, supporting mitigation of test related risks at later stages within the delivery lifecycle.
- Engaging with multiple senior stakeholders across all functions to guarantee a full understanding of how the requirements may impact current business processes and BAU operations.
- Leading and providing line and performance management to the IT Business Analysis community creating high performing teams whilst developing individual capability in line with organisational needs.
- Directing and leading your BA team ensuring best in class practices at all times. You will develop and encourage professional improvements by acting as mentor and coach to the team.
- Supporting major business transformation programmes and drive delivery performance improvements across the portfolio and function, acting as Change Ambassadors within your functions.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
You will need to have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong influencing ability, including great verbal and written communication skills
- Significant business analysis experience with demonstrable evidence of analytical thinking, requirements management, business process management, operating model frameworks (TOM) and IT frameworks (ITIL)
- Thorough and up to date understanding of analysis approaches, tools and techniques including business process and data modelling experience commonly applied in the consulting field
- Strong evidence of ability to work across portfolios/complex work streams concurrently
- Significant experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict
- Experience in business case production, business justification and prioritisation
- Proven ability to work as a business partner and gain customer trust
How to apply
Sound interesting? To apply, you will need to create an account and log on to our careers site via the button below.
Once you have created an account you will need to search for the role using this job title: Senior Business Analyst or reference code (IRC): IRC
This role closes on 14 TH February 2019.
At Network Rail, we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this job.