Apprentice Business Analyst
Apprentice Business Analyst
Position: Apprentice Business Analyst
Customer: BAT Southampton
Grade/Salary: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent (Full–Time)
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 25th January 2019
For the role of Apprentice Business Analyst you will analyse governance, management information, controls and proposals (where required) in order to enable an increased efficiency, effectiveness, economy and compliance on our DHL British American Tobacco contract.
British American Tobacco plc is a British multinational cigarette and tobacco manufacturing company – it is the largest publicly traded tobacco company in the world. DHL Supply Chain are the global leader in supply chain management & third–party logistics, implementing innovative logistics solutions across a wide range of industries – therefore, this exciting apprenticeship opportunity will enable the successful candidate the chance to work alongside 2 incredible brands!
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
* Developing and constantly improving a suite of reports in PowerBI for the entire TSC operation and some for the customer. These reports will be used to measure performances of carriers, warehouses, consolidate KPIs to allow proactive planning to take place. Reports will be based of a purpose built data warehouse with 7 years' worth of data and immense analytical opportunities.
* Being the custodian of master data of carrier information, and the owner of the carrier performance tracking tool, liaising with Value Creation Manager and IT manager regarding gaps in carrier performance, provide technical assistance with action plans.
* Analysing and assessing data integrity in the OTM system, liaising with NGP and Reporting Manager and driving carrier improvements of data inputs
* Preparing weekly operational report for global heads of BAT to highlight changes and constraints encountered during the last week.
* Working closely with forecasting planner to understand the predicted requirements for capacity security the necessary trucks from carriers based on the current tender.
* Supporting with the technical aspects of OMS labour resource planning tool.
* Running ad–hoc reports for the TSC and for the customer to highlight specific aspects of markets/lanes/regions.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Analytical approach to problem solving
* Experience of the Excel formulas and logic
* Good people skills, understanding of stakeholder management
* Awareness of cultural aspects and appropriate work based behaviours
* Influence across DHL's and the Customer's business divisions
* University degree or equivalent in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and/or
* Professional qualifications/experience of analytics and/or reporting and
During the 36 month apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving a L6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree apprenticeship programme.
You will be allocated a Mentor and a Learner Manager from The Apprenticeship Training Provider who will be a subject matter expert in the field of the Apprenticeship you will be under taking. They will ensure that during the 36 months you will be given the support and assistance you will need to ensure you achieve your Apprenticeship Qualification.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement with the desire to succeed, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Please include a cover letter stating why you have applied for this role. Please also include copies of any prior learning, GCSE, O level, A/AS Level, HND, BTEC, NVQ, Diplomas, degrees. Applications received without a cover letter and certificates of prior learning will automatically be rejected.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.