The Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland (MIBI) was established by an Agreement between the Government and the companies underwriting motor insurance in Ireland to manage compensating victims of road traffic accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles.
The role of Financial Accountant is a newly created role, with responsibility for the establishment and ongoing management and administration of the Motor Insurers Insolvency Compensation Fund and will report directly to the Finance Manager.
The role will be to be primarily responsible for running the MIICF as well as assisting with MIBI Risk Management Function.
- Liaising with the Investment Managers
- Ensuring compliance with the agreed Investment Strategy
- Coordinate declaration and payment of Contributions from Members to MIICF
- Overseeing investment strategy, procedures, risk register, terms of reference of Finance/Investment Committee
- Assist in the management of Operational Risk Management Committee
- Accounting qualification with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Audit and/or Risk Management would be an advantage
- Exposure to Fund Management would be desirable
- Financial Services Industry experience