Credit Controller (sole)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller (sole) to join our new group Accounts team. The Credit Controller will be responsible for building relationships with their key customers (retailers) and managing their own accounts to ensure they are paying on time and to terms. The Credit Controller will also work closely with the Accounts Receivable Manager to implement processes and identify areas of improvement.
The client are a large retail company who have modern, open plan, impressive offices. They specialise in skin care, hair care, cosmetics and fragrance producer. It is one of the oldest cosmetics companies in the world. They stock their products to all the major departments stores, beauty salons and online.
This role is not a sole role but they have found that candidates who come from a background in a sole position find the position easier to transfer into. The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Chasing debt via phone and email
- Using SAP for posting and allocating BACS/Cheques
- Processing employee expenses
- Setting up new suppliers and doing credit checks
- Working on portals
- Resolving queries
- Chasing in multicurrencies (accountancy)
- Chasing from large department stores
- Downloading back statements
- Chasing invoices up to £80,000
It is important that you would feel comfortable doing the whole 360 process of credit control (hence the sole role experience).
The successful credit controller (sole):
- Have previous debt collection experience in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Have good time management and organisational skills
- Take a personable approach but resilient when required
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Retail experience would be highly desirable given the fast paced nature
- Be able to prioritise workload, especially under time pressure and meeting of all deadlines
- Ideally have experience in working with SAP
- Previous accountancy experience
The successful credit controller (sole) will be paid an hourly rate up to £15ph depending on experience. They are based in Central London and you must be immediately available or on short notice. The duration is not definitive but it is an ongoing role where you will be on 1 week notice. There is a strong possibility of going permanent if you make a significant impact on their results.