Credit Controller (Recruitment)
An exciting opportunity to join a recruitment company specialising in Oil and Gas and renewable energy recruitment. They have offices across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pac, Africa, Australia, Canada and the US. They are based in the City of London.
Page Personnel are proud to represent a recruitment company who have a credit control team of 6. The role will be reporting into the credit supervisor. Based in the City of London.
The key responsibilities for the successful Credit Controller (Recruitment) will be:
- Ensuring that appropriate client contact is made via telephone, email and letter at the earliest possible stage, to chase overdue debts, in accordance to credit control timescales and policy, making sure that ALL clients are serviced within any given time period.
- Ensuring all client comments/responses are updated onto Credit System in a timely manner recording current actions (accountancy).
- Building relationships both internally and with external clients (Sales/Compliance/Support Staff, Customers, etc)
- Ensuring that personal and group collection targets are met or exceeded, on a monthly basis including Half Year & Year end targets set for your specific section of accounts.
- Dealing with queries from clients, liaising with consultants/managers/directors to resolve queries as and when they arise.
- Ensuring that monies received are correctly allocated onto the Sales Ledger, obtaining payment remittances in all instances.
- Providing support and covering key duties when team members are absent or on annual leave.
- Providing cash updates to supervisor as and when requested.
- Undertaking Debt Review meetings with the supervisor / Credit Manager and Sales MD's to discuss client matters and issues which prevent settlements, and also track cash collection targets.
- Providing copy Invoices and Credit Notes to clients as and when required.
- Completion of the Finance Error Log spreadsheet, reporting on current Invoicing issues for resolution.
- Raising the appropriate forms for Refunds/Write Off's/Adjustments prior to Month end, attaching supporting documentation.
- Issuing reminder letters and statements on a monthly basis and when requested by clients.
- Assisting the Credit Manager with Audit requirements, providing essential documentation as requested.
- Uploading of invoices to client portal and tracking invoice validation progress.
- Presenting draft invoices for pre-approval.
- Ensuring all invoicing requirements are highlighted to the billing team and adhered to, to ensure payment is not delayed (accountancy)
- Other Adhoc duties, as requested by supervisor / Credit Manager.
The credit controller (recruitment) will have the following:
- Previous credit control experience is essential (accountancy)
- Someone who can support their Team members and the Business as a whole.
- A team player who can also work on their own initiative.
- Good excel skills would be advantageous.
- High attention to detail and diligence with all invoices and communication sent to external client.
The successful credit controller (recruitment) will join the company on an ongoing temporary basis. You will be on a 1 week notice period however there is strong possibility that this month could go from anything such as 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or permanent. Hourly rate will range based on experience £13 - £15 ph. The office is based in the City of London, please do not apply if you cannot commute to this location.