A globally renowned construction firm with a portfolio in excess of £1bn is looking for a Financial Controller based in London to take ownership for the EMEA reporting and support a wide range of projects relating to process and system improvements.
This opportunity is with a privately owned construction firm based in the City of London. Their portfolio is global and shows a strong presence in EMEA and the Asia-Pacific region. Many of their projects are well known and instantly recognisable, with a few major sites in London set to complete this year. They currently have a high performing team of qualified individuals and are looking for someone similar in the Financial Controller position.
In this Financial Controller role you will report to the Head of Finance as you take ownership for the EMEA region. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of all EMEA monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting;
- Management of a team of qualified individuals with a key focus on their development;
- Reporting to the business on project and site performance, specifically having regular conversations with commercial leads;
- Ownership for the budgeting and forecasting processes as well as longer-term planning activities;
- Implementing/upgrading systems and process to enhance the delivery of the finance function to the business.
As a strong applicant for this Financial Controller role you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ideally ACA with an audit background);
- Demonstrate strong control of the reporting and planning cycles;
- Be comfortable leading a team with a proven track record of developing staff;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence the business (experience working with commercial leads in construction is highly advantageous).
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- £70,000-£90,000 salary depending on experience;
- Up to 20% bonus dependent on performance (company and personal);
- Comprehensive benefits package including PMI, pension, season-ticket-loan, etc.