The Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial modelling and investigative research driving capital expenditure and various P&L operating line items. This motivated individual needs to understand financial modeling and the real estate development process as well as work as the liaison between Finance and various other departments in obtaining and interpreting data.
Leveraging financial planning and analytical skills, this position plays a significant role impacting critical strategic and operational decisions. This position is part of a cross–functional effort that includes our Financial Planning and Analysis and Development teams as well as other organizations within the company.
- Budgeting existing projects, identifying Risks & Opportunities to project milestone tracking, ensuring procedures are being followed.
- Help provide solid, proactive ownership of capital project financials.
- Provides regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed to help drive business results
- Prepares summaries, provides facts and research to business leaders.
- Responsible for financial reporting, KPI measurement and tracking and general analysis
- Independently interprets historical data to provide meaningful research to drive business decisions
- Manage the creation and close out of capital expenditure projects for various areas of the business, understand the P&L implications, investigate alternatives, incorporate into the forecast, and monitor risks/opportunities
- Process invoices including coding to correct accounts/cost centers, spot checking for reasonableness, obtaining signatures, submission to accounts payable and follow–ups as necessary
- Collect, Report and Forecast Tenant Allowance Receivable from Landlords and quarterly reconciliation
- Assist in hindsight analysis to measure success of business initiatives and capital investments
- Communicate changes in project timing to finance and operations partners to ensure accurate financial planning
- Preparation and analysis of strategic plans, annual operating plans and forecast updates
- Complete timely and insightful financial analysis to assist in evaluating performance against strategic, operating and budget plans.
- Complete further financial analysis to identify growth drivers and trends (internal and external).
- Develop financial justification for key investment projects.
- Analyze monthly financial results of the business and review conclusions with operational stakeholders and corporate finance.
- Ensure thorough monthly review of commitments and spending plans resulting in updated G&A expense and capital expenditure forecasts.
- Support both Corporate Finance and Business Leadership with other ad hoc analysis and special projects.
- Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years' experience in analysis
- Strong Knowledge of financial calculations and methodology
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate detailed quantitative data
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Hyperion, Access)
- Strong Excel user with knowledge of database, pivot tables, PowerPoint, and computer systems.
- Experience with Hyperion is a plus.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30– 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
NOTE : This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.