Project Accountant role for a well respected company in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a confident, well presented individual who will be involved in various long term financial reporting projects and has responsibility for completion of various weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks.
My client is a well established professional services firm in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities. A candidate who can clarify objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome and who can build and develop strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Managing the client reporting process in respect of high value international fixed fee billing arrangements, including the relevant accounting entries.
Involvement in change projects and setting up new reporting processes where required.
Preparing inputs for fee earner KPI reporting and review of Firmwide reports, implementing improvements to the overall process and controls where possible.
Calculation of unit cost rates and subsequent analysis of profitability reporting.
Identifying and driving forward the implementation of process improvements in terms of efficiencies and the control environments
The successful candidate will:
Track record of achievement and development in similar role
Have an ability to actively engage in the business, through strong verbal communication skills and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks effectively
- Have excellent attention to detail
The successful candidate should:
- Be Part Qualified, studying towards a recognised professional accounting (ACCA/CIMA)
- Have relevant experience within a professional services environment. (Desirable)
- At least 3 years of practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures
- Have Strong IT skills including excellent knowledge of Excel Data extraction and analysis and Pivot tables/V Lookups
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Great benefits
- Discounts on a wide range of products
- Opportunities for progression within the business
- Fully funded Study Support