Part Time Cost Accountant
The primarily responsibility of the Part Time Cost Accountant is managing the day to day cost flow for the Central Functions individual Income Statements together with the Balance Sheet position.
This requires the coordination of the company's activity across nine management entities, 16 Central Functions or BU's and circa 200 cost centres
Our client is a leading manufacturing business based in Bristol with an excellent reputation amongst its competitors. They are currently recruiting for a Part Time Cost Accountant on a permanent basis to work 3 days a week, however, there is some flexibility on the days/hours required
The Part Time Cost Accountant will be responsible for;
- Provision of the function Monthly Reporting Pack to the Vice Presidents and Directors along with individual Cost Centre Managers for a portfolio of functions including explanations of variances to budget in appropriate detail by cost centre on or before working day eight for both revenue and capital expenditure. This will include analysis across up to three to five functions and approximately 250 co-workers including one of the two IT functions.
- Preparation and submission of the Monthly Management Reporting to Group Controlling from SAP to HFM for each management entity in accordance with group instruction and timetable.
- Management of the Delegation of Authority Matrix using the electronic Vendor Invoice Management application ("VIM") including the coordination with the other Corporate Cost Accountants.
- Working with the Corporate cost assistant to support and cover the review and processing of monthly hosting charges from plants across Europe and the Americas. Prompt follow up and error resolution with primary responsibility for RnD costs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordination across the team to ensure that the consolidated accrual and prepayment upload file for Employment and third party costs is processed in accordance with the timetable.
- Review and support the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation process on a timely and accurate manner to maintain good financial discipline. The will include the preparation and maintenance of the MIP Tracker tool in Excel.
- Management and monitoring of ongoing relationship with the UK SSC including cost recharges from the General Ledger and Accounts Payable Teams along with Accounts Receivable issues.
- Monitoring and follow up of day to day activities on SAP to maintain data integrity.
- Management of the recharge cost centre including monthly billing of hosted co-workers to other locations within the business
- Assist in the coordination of the Budget and Forecasting process across the cost centre portfolio.
The successful candidate will ideally be CIMA or ACCA part qualified and be looking for part time work. Previous experience in an accountancy role is essential
A salary of £38,000 pro rata is on offer for the Part Time Cost Accountant as well as the opportunity for a great work life balance