- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Bookkeeping for clients and preparation of related VAT returns.
- Supporting clients with accounting and taxation issues.
- Full training will be provided in all of the above assignments.
- Working as part of a team to carry out other client and in house projects.
Key success factors:
- Ability to learn and apply technical skills.
- Co-operative team player.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with clients.
- Interest in business and commercial affairs.
- Develop an understanding of the business of Russell & Russell and the role of an analyst in the company.
- Deal with one or more client assignments simultaneously and bring them to completion for review by a senior
- Effectively document work.
- Identify project issues as well as project progress in a timely and organised manner.
- Build working relationships at peer client level and seek to gain knowledge of your clients’ businesses.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the business world by keeping abreast of market trends and business developments.
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Build strong team relationship skills.
Key performance indicators:
- Meeting assignment/project objectives (timeframes, budgets, outcomes).
- Client feedback.
- Quality of work output.
- Integration into the team.
Qualification/skills and experience and personal attributes:
- HND or Degree qualified in relevant subject.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Study support for ACCA qualification including study leave.
- Registration with ACCA after 6 months.