Handle are delighted to be working alongside a well–established and renowned business. This role offers the unique opportunity to be part of a high performing finance and accounting team within a fast paced FMCG environment. The Management Accountant is the company's end to end accounting owner. Owns and leads all legal entity accounting, statutory obligations and banking activities. Establishes and implements robust control processes, is at the forefront of ERP system improvements and drives simplification projects. The role reports to the UK& Ireland Senior Finance Manager.
- Owns/leads end to end accounting and the timely, quality, with perspective preparation of the company's monthly accounts.
- Collects data; analyses, investigates and follows up variances to drive resolution; calculates accruals/prepayments
- Issues inter–company invoices, prepares inter–company accruals and inter–company reconciliation
- Clears GR/IR account, analyses cost centres and profit centres movements; manages the Fixed Asset register
- Reconciles and posts journals in line with internal control requirements; leads the company's month/quarter/year–end financial close.
- Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations with management.
- Owns consolidation of open items and drives active resolution.
- Owns timely, accurate and compliant statutory & tax reporting obligations.
- Complies with state tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements
- Advising management on required actions
- Calculating quarterly estimated tax payments
- Assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Obligations include VAT, Intrastat, ESL, deferred tax assets calculations, corporate tax reporting, P11d preparation, statutory financial statements and Senior Accounting Officer Package.
- Ensures that processes are followed in compliance, financial and SOX documentation is maintained in an up to date manner.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of internal and external audits.
- Follows through potential audit findings and ensures implementation of mitigation plans.
- Supports the weekly payment planning process (F110, manual payments, T&E, I/C)
- Secures approval in line with Decision Authority and ensures smooth payment operations.
- Supports the clearing of bank concentration accounts and AP/AR ledgers after manual payments.
- Supports the preparation and reconciliation of inter–company netting transactions, including potential FX movements.
- Supports the short term cash–flow planning mainly focusing on the next 2–4 weeks' inflows and outflows.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Min 7 years of financial and management accounting experience. End to end view of a goods distribution company.
- Fully qualified ACCA or CPA with Bachelor's degree in Finance & Accounting
- Mastery in Excel and working experience with SAP are a must.
- Self–motivated individual with exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast–paced tight deadline environment, with close and remote teamwork