An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join a VC backed healthy foods FMCG organisation offering an online shop and subscription service. This will be a varied opportunity based in North London with great progression prospects and a number of upcoming projects offering learning opportunities.
This healthy foods FMCG business has been experiencing accelerated growth in the last 12 months and is now competing with major, instantly recognisable brands in the space. Based in North London, they have exciting growth plans with a pipeline of new products, recipes, and alternative revenue streams making this a fantastic time to join the organisation.
As the Finance Manager in this healthy foods FMCG business you will be based in North London and reporting to the Finance Director as the second person in finance. You will be taking on an all-encompassing role with progression potential. Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Month-end control with full responsibility for implementing a new accounting system and designing the processes;
- Subsequent responsibility for producing the monthly management accounts pack with accurate and insightful analysis;
- Assisting the Finance Director with investor reporting to the VC parent company;
- Develop the use of BI tools to support analysis to drive business growth (e.g. trend analysis);
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll with a longer-term view of building out the team in these areas.
A strong applicant for this Finance Manager you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Demonstrate all-rounder SME experience being comfortable with AP/AR, payroll, and month end management;
- Exposure to a systems implementation or upgrade is highly desirable, but other project management experience is useful;
- A background in FMCG will be advantageous, as will any form of e-commerce industry knowledge;
- Be comfortable getting your "hands dirty" and working independently but be able to balance this with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior management.
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- £55,000-£65,000 depending on experience;
- Discretionary bonus linked to personal and company performance;
- PMI, life assurance, pension, cycle-to-work, and other benefits;
- A start-up, passionate culture where working as a team is valued.