School Finance Analyst - Emeryville
Currently we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low–income, inner–city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a School Finance Analyst who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high–value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self–starter, and have comfort with fast–growing organizations.
We are a hardworking, fun loving, active office.
- Serve as a point of contact, with the support of Client Managers, for 4–6 charter schools with increasing client–facing responsibilities
- In partnership with the accounting team, prepare monthly financials statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for clients
- Create monthly presentations to clients' boards, analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offering recommendations for changes in the school operations
- Complete grant reports, State interim reports, and other compliance–related reports and maintain Charts of Accounts, multi–year budgets, and other financial documentation (i.e., loan applications) for school clients
- Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
- Analyze, model, and solve problems for clients on a wide range of business issues
- Manage the ongoing forecast for clients, and support the annual budget development process
- Build relationships between EdTec and the charter community throughout Northern California
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant financial management procedures and practices
- Develop a functional expertise in one or more areas of school business operations
- Lead special projects including, but not limited to, drafting charter renewals, implementing budget model improvements, and updating charter school manuals
- 1–5 years of work experience in a related field (i.e., education or finance)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience in client services or similar responsibilities internal to company
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and/or forecasting
- Ability to travel to school sites and work non–standard hours to attend board meetings
- Strong commitment to education
- Knowledge of charter schools a major plus
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send cover letter and resume to at .
Subject line: School Finance Analyst – Emeryville
No phone calls, please
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Connect with EdTec on social media!