Resource Planning and Finance Manager - friendly, international compan
Are you a business–minded all rounder with an interest in developing a career combining project management and finance? Do you have a background working in the creative or consulting industries and an understanding of the delivery of construction projects? Working for an international company (with a non–corporate and collaborative culture) with excellent salary/pension/holiday allowance and private healthcare amongst other benefits you'll be joining a very well respected international company at the top of its game.
The client is looking for a perceptive and proactive Resource Planning and Project Finance Manager to join their Bath team, working with their world–class project leadership to help their business thrive. This role is open to part time candidates looking for a minimum of 4 days per week.
The purpose of this role will be to assist and oversee the financial positioning of their projects, to ensure consistency of approach and to identify, manage and mitigate exposure to commercial risk.
Working with the UK Planning and UK Governance Leads, you will act as a first point of call for commercial and financial support in the Bath office. Every day will be different as your responsibilities will range from championing project management tools, to producing financial reports and resourcing analytics, to supporting the team in planning project delivery.
You will offer a deep understanding of the project environment and confidently help to steer delivery and improve processes.
What will I be doing?
• Providing guidance and regular reporting to keep jobs on track with planned resourcing and in profit, and to escalate where any risks are perceived
• Hold close relationships with the project teams and make sure communication routes are open and conversation is regular in order that appropriate action can be taken as early as possible.
• Provide continuity and a point of contact so a regular cycle of monthly checking, meeting and reporting is in place and observed by the teams.
• Build commercial awareness and support within discipline in order to create an increasing financially sustainable business proposition.
• Monitor profitability targets across projects
What will I bring to the role?
As an experienced professional from any field, the client would expect you to be able to demonstrate:
• Sound commercial awareness and an aptitude for financial management
• Ideally you will have experience and awareness of the construction/architectural/consulting engineering sector (not essential)
• Enthusiasm and pro–activity, able to identify potential problems and suggest solutions
• Strong communication skills – persuasive and engaging with the ability to build positive relationships
• Excel–savvy – it is important you're an advanced user as this is a key tool for the role – as well as being highly numerate with a logical approach
• Great perception as well as being incisive and concise with the ability to focus on the right issues at the right time
• Tenacious and thorough, able to follow tasks through to completion
• Experience of supporting a team of people, including senior managers as well as one–to–one basis. It would also be highly advantageous if you're also able to demonstrate skills with Deltek Vision or similar ERP systems, but we can offer training and development.
The salary is really competitive (apply for more details) plus those great benefits/pension scheme and more. For more information please apply online with full CV and salary expectations.