Edgebold Capital Ltd. was originally established to act as Edgebold DMCC's Investment Advisor but is now also developing an international commodity trading business in addition to a team of Management Consultants who will be advising international corporates investing in Southern Africa from London.
Edgebold DMCC owns and manages five rapidly growing companies in Southern Africa with a focus on Mozambique.
Edgebold Capital Ltd is prepared to offer the right candidate a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for the senior nature of this appointment. We have a preference for candidates with the following experience and academic qualifications:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified or Part Qualified or an MSC in Finance or equivalent
- A degree from an internationally recognised university
- Proven experience in the preparation and presentation of management financial accounts
- Experience of Trade Finance and the financing of international commodity trading preferred
The successful candidate would also have
- Excellent communication skills including confidence in the preparation and presentation of financial reports and projections to senior management
- The ability to oversee the preparation of Edgebold Capital Ltd's VAT returns
- The ability to oversee the preparation of Edgebold DMCC's financial accounts
- The ability to coordinate and assist in the preparation of accounts of Edgebold's African subsidiaries with the Group's CFO in Africa
- The ability to analyse financial data to improve the efficiency of Edgebold's African subsidiaries
- An ability to complete detailed financial analysis and financial planning of capital projects in conjunction with the group's senior management
- The ability to manage a small but growing finance team in London
- Portuguese speaking-strongly preferred
- A knowledge or interest in the economies of Africa is not essential but is preferred.
The successful candidate will assume a high degree of autonomy and responsibilty. The candidate must have an analytical and organised personality as well as a good sense of relationship building as they will be constantly coordinating with our subsidiaries in Southern Africa.