The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are to coordinate the P&L reporting process, monthly forecasting process, assist with the annual budgeting process, analyze and prepare materials for financial presentations, and to prepare analytical spreadsheets and computer models used to fulfill corporate and coalition management's requests. This position also provides support on special projects as needed for coalition and/or marketing company management.
- Coordinates monthly reporting process by obtaining necessary inputs from other functional areas, submitting monthly results to leadership, and providing meaningful MD&A for results in comparison to prior periods, forecasts, and budgets.
- Assists in coordinating the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process with other functional areas, compilation of budget data into analysis form, and preparation of presentation materials to support the annual plan.
- Prepares presentation materials for monthly coalition management meetings, quarterly review meetings, and annual plan reviews with corporate with assistance of Finance Administrative Assistant.
- Assists in ad hoc analysis projects including price/cost/margin analysis and process improvement recommendations and execution.
- Creates computer models using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software applications to analyze and present financial data on a routine basis as well as special project analyses. Responsible for development of spreadsheets, etc. to be used by functional areas.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 4–6
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant financial analysis
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft Word and Excel to include macros and advanced database understanding.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail
- Self–discipline to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills (written, presentation, oral)
- Effective organizational skills and detail oriented
- Willingness to work extra hours during peak times (monthly close, annual budgeting, etc)
- CPG industry experience highly preferred