Internal Audit Manager - FTSE 250
To provide accurate assurance to the Audit Committee, the Group Executive Board and local country senior management of the effectiveness of controls to effectively mitigate business risk to in the context of the business's risk appetite.
FTSE 250 group company with 7 brands within the network.
They have been in operation for over 40 years and are experts within their field.
With continued global growth of circa 15% this is an extremely exciting time to join the business.
This company employs over 7000 people across 140 offices in 36 countries; the opportunity to travel and implement real change is phenomenal.
The Groups CEO started within the organisation and not only has a real understanding of the business but is also passionate and regularly works alongside employees.
As a business they are a member of Stonewall, ENEI, have won awards for best company to work for, as well as having won a huge number of diversity and inclusion awards.
They are also extremely keen to give back to the community and the CEO runs in fund-raising triathlons and even serves on the board of a well-known charity.
As a global corporation, they take their responsibility to the environment seriously and are constantly looking at ways to minimise and mitigate their environmental impact.
- Take full control of audits, from planning to execution and reporting.
- Liaise with senior managers and directors to agree assurance activity in scoping audits.
- Manage internal resource and co-source to deliver internal audits which accurately reflect the control environment covered to a standard meeting IPPF.
- Develop internal resource, Audit Senior to ensure the individual fulfils their potential.
- Follow up and reporting of the resolution of agreed management actions to audit control observations.
- Perform consulting activities for the business as required by the Group Internal Audit Director.
- Investigate control failures or incidents as required.
- Liaise as appropriate with external auditors.
- Identify and share best practice for worldwide processes
- Qualified IIA/CIA/ ACA/ CRMA/ ACCA ideally gained through a big 4 accountancy firm.
- Proven and successful audit experience in industry
- Line managing experience
- Previously managed a co-source arrangement
- Strong written and verbal communication
- IT auditing experience an advantage
- Strong understanding of risk based auditing
- An additional language would be advantageous but not essential by any means
- Previously having presenting to Senior Management / Directors
- Experience of working overseas would be an advantage.
- Ability to form good judgements on incomplete information
- Ability to balance risk with commercial imperatives of organisation
- Ability to analyse and opine upon complex situations, sometimes involving parties with conflicting priorities
- Able to demonstrate independence
- Acts with the highest levels of integrity and treats others with respect
- £8,000 car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus
- Travel paid for
- International travel to the likes of Australia, Singapore and South America
- Exposure to FD's and MD's
- Internal Audit Manager
- Direct report and co-source to manage