Senior Legal Cashier
The role is that of a Senior Legal Cashier to join a reputable and fast paced legal firm. It's working within Canary Wharf and offers the opportunity to work for a large and extremely high regarded company.
The world's largest law firm that is seen extremely reputable in the legal service provider field. It is a global market leader in all major areas of legal advice and they are a well renowned
The key resoponsibilities include:
- Dealing with receipting and paying out client funds.
- Posting bill/GL receipts (office).
- Placing client and office over night deposits and posting daily interest.
- Transferring funds between office and client accounts.
- Ensuring unpaid disbursements are correctly posted.
- Ensuring SRA reconciliations are completed and actioned.
- Review bank reconciliation's.
- Ensure bank accounts are funded adequately.
- Ensure aged client balances are monitored and returned promptly.
- Updating COFA log with any SRA account rule breaches.
- Updating Partnership Finance log with any breaches.
- Producing monthly consolidated bank reconciliations
- Monitoring Cashiers inbox.
The successful candidate will:
- You will have strong relevant working knowledge within a Cashiers Department from a legal firm.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of applying SRA Accounts rules.
- Working knowledge of making payments through banking systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to draft accurate and well written communication using correct vocabulary and grammar.
- Verbally communicate in clear, concise and logical manner.
- Experience of reconciliation's and intermediate use of Excel.
- High attention to detail and accurate processing skills.
- Experience of working with high volume/value transactions.
- Effective team player skills - demonstrate positive and co-operative interaction with team members.
- Problem solving skills - thinks about how things could be done differently.
- Ability to prioritise.
- ILFM qualification desirable.
On offer to the candidate is:
- A salary between £42 - £44k
- 25 days off
- Private Healthcare
- Gym membership