Legal Revenue Controller
The function of Revenue Controller plays a crucial role in delivering a best in class revenue service to a specific group of practice areas whilst positively contributing to the overall revenue management of the London office.
My client is a leading law firm in London.
The key responsibilities of this Legal Revenue Controller position include:
- Working effectively with an offshore team (Manila) engaged in the preparation of invoices for designated practice areas
- Regular contact with the remote billing team to ensure the quality, accuracy and compliance of the billing output
- Applying rate structures and alternative pricing/billing arrangements as required
- Ensure adherence to the SRA Accounts Rules and UK and EC VAT Regulations
- Investigating billing related queries and residual client account balances
- Organising and holding monthly WIP review meetings with partners to promote instructions for billing and matter maintenance requirements
- Ensure that matter billing estimates are obtained from partners and reported through to the Revenue
- Leader and senior finance managers
- Work closely with the Revenue Leader and Financial Controller and ensure appropriate escalation of revenue/billing issues take place
- A working knowledge of e-billing to be applied where required
- Review and assign tasks received into team inbox
The successful candidate for this Legal Revenue Controller position will dispay the following:
- A team player
- Good written and oral communication skills with the confidence and gravitas to liaise with partners and fee earners
- Sound working knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and VAT Regulations
- Self-motivated and dedicated
- Sound revenue control and legal billing experience ideally gained in a major city based law firm
- Demonstrable technical billing knowledge using a recognised legal practice management system (SAP, Aderant Expert or Elite Enterprise/3G)
- Experience of applying rate structures, alternative pricing/billing arrangements and working inmultiple currencies
- Sound Microsoft Office application experience i.e. Excel/Word/Outlook
- Working knowledge of e-billing in a legal environment. Experience of working with LEDES fileformats is desirable
- Flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to work outside core hours during busy periods.
This role offers the chance to join a leading law firm, as well as a competitive salary and other benefits.