An exciting opportunity as a Finance Assistant in a Legal Firm based in London.
My client is a Legal firm based in central London.
The key responsibilities for the role of Finance Assistant are:
- Reconciling invoices and supplier statements and entering onto the finance system.
- Processing a weekly payment run, in line with the terms agreed with suppliers and the firm's set procedures.
- Processing and pre-approving staff expenses and raising a fortnightly payment run.
- Check and process CHAPS, BACS, FP and international payments from office and client accounts as required.
- Prepare Bank Balances email on a daily basis to send to EPs.
- Month end bank reconciliations of multicurrency office accounts.
- Assist with compiling monthly and weekly budgets and projections.
- Chase for delinquent time on a daily basis and distribute weekly time sheet to partners.
- General office admin, including distribution of mail and filing.
- Assisting Senior Finance Assistant with various other day to day tasks.
- Assisting with staff queries on time recording and expenses applications.
- Assisting Senior Finance Assistant with all aspects of billing to provide cover where needed.
The successful Finance Assistant will ideally have:
- Previous legal finance experience essential, with a robust knowledge of the SARs to ensure compliance.
- Genuine interest in business and finance.
- Proven ability to work within a challenging and busy role.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines, especially at month/year end, balancing conflicting demands.]
- Excellent attention to detail and good administrative skills.
- Adept at working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of Aderant Expert preferred.
A competitive salary of £25,000-£28,000 plus extensive benefits.