Group Financial Controller
Reporting into the Finance Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the highest financial standards are met, and a fully functional streamlined finance operation supports the UK. This includes ensuring there are excellent systems and internal controls that underpin an efficient and effective department that produces timely, accurate information which meets the requirements of the business and PLC reporting deadlines.
My client is a FTSE listed business and one of the largest ship chartering businesses in the world. Following an acquisition earlier this year, my client also offers Coal and Dry FFA broking services which is a part of the business that is regulated by the FCA. My client operates out of 12 locations globally across all the major commercial shipping sectors.
With further acquisitions on the horizon, my client is looking to continue its growth trajectory which means this is an exciting time to join the business.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 3 by creating a high performance culture; provide regular feedback, KPI design measurement and management.
- Manage the financial transnational processing and reporting for the UK division and consolidation of the global accounts within the shipbroking division
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet and production of the month end accounts
- Supporting the FD in budgeting and forecasting for the division
- Review and play a lead role in ensuring the update of financial business systems to meet business requirements, identifying opportunities to automate or streamline processes, save cost, or reduce business risk by the application of new or improved systems or processes.
- Responsible for working capital management and cash flow forecasting
- Lead the annual audit process as the primary point of contact for the external auditors, including overseeing the preparation of year end information required, liaising with the auditors to resolve any queries and ensuring timely and successful completion of the annual audit
- A continual focus on process improvement and measurements to guide the company in maintaining and meeting excellent standards
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with the Group's Treasury requirements in respect of the UK business and other entities and business units
- Ensure full compliance with Corporate Governance, SOX and other legislative requirements
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Big 4 trained ideal
- Significant PQE within industry
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Onestream and Trezone
- Proven Financial Controller with multinational experience
- Desire to be part of a growing business and to work hard to achieve the company's growth plans
- Comfortable in a non-hierarchical environment and genuine team player
- Self-motivated person who is willing to get involved and work as a senior leader within the business
- Excellent people manager with a disciplined approach to performance management and strong coaching and mentoring skills
A highly competitive package is on offer