Commercial Finance Manager
The postholder will manage the Sure Finance Units in the Falklands, Saint Helena and Ascension through mature and sound decision making, creative thinking and implementation of best practice philosophy in line with the group.
The postholder will report directly into the Head of FP&A in the Sure Group (based in Guernsey) whilst managing a finance team based primarily in the Falklands.
The postholder will work closely with the CEO - Sure (SA Ltd) to help drive the growth of the business through leadership and strategic planning. In this regard, the postholder will play a key role improving operational effectiveness across the enterprise and help keep the organization focused on executing key priorities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing all aspects of accounting (GL, AP, AR, payroll, cost accounting), treasury and cash management, audit/reporting, budgets/controls, and contract negotiation.
- Managing all monthly closing activities, including the preparation of management financial reports along with financial analytics in support of business initiatives.
- Identifying and driving improvement in financial growth, asset efficiency, productivity and cost reduction.
- Overseeing corporate profit planning including coordinating the annual budget.
In ADDITION, the person will be required to;
- Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position.
- Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position.
- Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Sure Safety Policy.
- Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies of Sure.
- Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A professional accounting qualification and membership of a recognised professional accounting body
- Experience of accounting within a commercial environment
- High level of systems, IT and Excel skills
- Strong project/time management skills
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to analyse situations effectively and proactively provide solutions
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present financial information to non-financial persons and consider business implications
- Energy and enthusiasm with good leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in telecoms or technology sector
- Strong working knowledge of the following systems: Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, extensive use of accounting packages (preferably Sage), exposure to VBA & SQL for data management and analysis
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or a relevant field (i.e. Business Management)
- Professional accountancy qualification
Due to the nature of this position, the postholder must hold a satisfactory Basic Police Disclosure. All disclosures of a criminal background are treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with suitability for a post and for no other purpose.
Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include dishonesty and those indicating a breach of trust, due to the security requirements of the role.
Please note that disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment in this post – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.