Audit - Consumer Technology Business - Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, Collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Audit, Consumer & Technology Business practice, Deloitte is offering an excellent Management level career opportunity for a candidate with strong general audit experience. We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
About the team
Our Audit practice delivers to clients audit assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. We cover a wide range of industries and markets, from financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. This is your chance to share your knowledge with smart, likeable colleagues and to put your experience and deep technical skills to work. So come for the big opportunities, but stay for the people.
About the opportunity
As a Manager in our Audit team you’ll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations. You’ll:
- Plan and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience
- Build a deep understanding of how each client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgement
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our clients
- Use financial information to evaluate business opportunities and make recommendations
The technical and professional capabilities for an Audit Manager are as follows:
- Stakeholder Focus:
- Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements
- Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses:
- Takes an independent view and contributes heavily in developing and challenging the risk assessment and controls testing strategy and designing appropriate audit responses for risks
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work:
- Collaborates effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver a seamless audit that is responsive to stakeholder needs
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology:
- Provides appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
- Manage project plans to optimize engagements:
- Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members’ prioritization
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs:
- Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional skepticism
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards:
- Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of engagement teams
Your role as a leader
We believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
- Big 4 or mid-tier Audit firm experience, familiar working in an environment that complies with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations, ethical standards and independence requirements
- Experienced Audit professional with expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Proven experience delivering high quality audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology
- Qualified accountant with CAI accounting qualification or international equivalent and a strong academic record
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail
- Strong commercial and market awareness
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging / dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Your career, learning & development
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.