Audit - Consumer Technology Business - Senior Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, Collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Audit, Consumer & Technology Business practice, Deloitte is offering an excellent Senior Management level career opportunity for a candidate with strong general audit experience. We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
About the team
Our Audit practice delivers to clients audit assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. We cover a wide range of industries and markets, from financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. This is your chance to share your knowledge with smart, likeable colleagues and to put your experience and deep technical skills to work. So come for the big opportunities, but stay for the people.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Manager in our Audit team you’ll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations. You’ll:
- Plan and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience
- Build a deep understanding of how each client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgement
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our clients
- Use financial information to evaluate business opportunities and make recommendations
The technical and professional capabilities for an Audit Senior Manager are as follows:
- Integrates deep insight into stakeholders needs with audit expertise to deliver complex engagements
- Takes a broad, strategic view in risk assessment and controls strategy and demonstrates deep knowledge of the entity’s complex business processes tailoring the audit approach as appropriate
- Integrates the contribution of auditors, experts and specialists while leading the engagement team
- Demonstrates an informed and in-depth understanding of tools, guidance and methodology in shaping the overall audit approach
- Plans and monitors delivery of complex engagements, drawing on appropriate resources and communicating expectations clearly to guide the team towards efficient performance
- Critically evaluates and reviews evidence and documentation to ensure that robust judgements are made and appropriate professional scepticism is being applied
- Takes ownership of all business security, ethical and compliance matters in relation to the audit, ensuring that team members comply with the firm’s standards
Your role as a leader
We believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our organization:
- • Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- • Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- • Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
- • Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- • Translates border strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- • Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- • Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity and appreciation of others
- Big 4 or mid-tier Audit firm experience, familiar working in an environment that complies with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations, ethical standards and independence requirements
- Experienced Audit professional with 7+ years experience
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Proven experience delivering high quality audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology
- Qualified accountant with CAI accounting qualification or international equivalent and a strong academic record
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail
- Strong commercial and market awareness
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging / dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Your career, learning & development.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.