Audit - Consumer Technology Business - Assistant Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, Collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Audit, Consumer & Technology Business practice, Deloitte is offering an excellent career opportunity for a candidate with strong general audit experience. We are looking for an Assistant Manager with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
About the team
Our Audit practice delivers to clients audit assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. We cover a wide range of industries and markets, from financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. This is your chance to share your knowledge with smart, likeable colleagues and to put your experience and deep technical skills to work. So come for the big opportunities, but stay for the people.
About the opportunity
- As an Assistant Manager in our Audit team you will build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Responsibility for leading and completing audits ensuring timely completion of projects to agreed service levels
- Building and leading teams effectively, ensuring service levels and standards are maintained
- Contributing to the development of the Audit practice within the Irish market
- Servicing a portfolio of key clients and successfully developing service offerings to meet demands
- Working with other departments (e.g. tax, consulting) to provide coordinated solutions to clients
As an expert in risk assessment and audit response, you are required to:
- Obtain an understanding of the entity and its environment including the entity’s internal control
- Continuously gathering, updating an analyzing information throughout the audit
- Apply you knowledge of relevant accounting standards applicable to the entity
- Perform risk assessment procedures or provide a basis for the identification and assessment of risks of material misstatement
- Big 4 or mid-tier Audit firm experience, familiar working in an environment that complies with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations, ethical standards and independence requirements
- Experienced Audit professional with expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Proven experience delivering high quality audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology
- Qualified accountant with CAI accounting qualification or international equivalent and a strong academic record
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail
- Strong commercial and market awareness
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging / dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Your career, learning & development
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.