Commercial Financial Controller / Financial Planning - Oxfordshire
Working for us you will be part of an AIM listed mining and resource development company focused on the rapid advancement of high-quality brownfield projects and recommencing production at previously producing mines.
• Responsible for delivering timely, accurate and value-added Management reporting / accounts through the preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Provision of balance sheet controls and maintenance of system controls in support of the financial information for internal and external needs.
• Assisting the preparation of budgets and cash flow, forecasting and strategic planning, in a project/company level and in a group level.
• The focal point in year-end audit and statutory reporting.
• Working closely with the bookkeepers, providing support on accounting and tax related matters.
• Presenting accounts and developing financial strategy with the Board of Directors.
• Assisting in presenting at investor presentations.
• Reporting to the Finance Director (FD).
ACA Qualification (first time passes)
Required Professional Knowledge and Experience
Minimum 8 years' work experience in a similar role as a Senior Management Accountant / Financial Controller.
Ideally an understanding of the Metals & Mining sector.
Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
Preparation of business plans and valuation, feasibility and sensitivity test.
Well-organized and detail oriented with ability to prioritize.
Ability to work at a high-pressure environment and multi-tasking.
Proactive and independent.
Good communication and high interpersonal skills.
Team player result driven and highly motivated.
Office with strong Excel skills - Mandatory (Excel - advance level for reporting: must be fully up to speed with VLOOKUPS & Pivot Tables).
Confidence to lead presentations to investors, 3rd parties and the board.