AVP - Real Estate Fund Controller
Our client is a privately owned, fully integrated real estate investment and management company specialising in the residential, hospitality, and alternative property sectors. They have a culture of teamwork and openness and staff are encouraged to develop by taking ownership for their own areas of responsibilities, and by developing new skills and expertise.
They are currently seeking a AVP - Real Estate Fund Controller. You will have a key role in the finance team of 13, reporting directly to the Senior Vice President. The key responsibilities will include:
• Monthly management accounts preparation & preparation and review of quarterly results
• Preparation of the statutory reporting process under UK GAAP & vat returns
• Review of corporation and income tax computations, maintaining control of tax compliance and payments including CIS, ATED
• Preparation and review of detailed annual budgets with input from asset managers
• Audit liaison
• Prepare investor reporting as detailed in the Limited Partnership Agreement
• Responsibility for preparation and review of quarterly management reporting packs for investors and the Board.
• Creating and updating cash flow forecasting models and analysis and oversight of cash balances.
• Responsibility for investment performance reporting, from transaction level to presentation to management
• Liaising with the Asset Management team to produce annual budgets, monitor to actual results and provide variance analysis.
• Responsibility for all aspects of external loan compliance & internal loan calculations, recording and reporting.
• Responsibility for setting up procedures for categorising and reporting on fixed assets and property development costs.
• Oversee the statutory reporting process, including liaison with external auditors.
This is an ideal opportunity for a technical, enthusiastic and motivated individual. The candidate must be able to act on their own initiative to perform a wide variety of hands on tasks. Strong accounting skills with excellent attention to detail, good communication skills and a flexible approach are key to this role.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
• Experience in the real estate / property/private equity sector
• Self-starter able to effectively prioritise work and effectively manage a busy finance diary
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to work at transactional level, as well as retaining a good overview of accounting and business processes
• Proven ability to managing conflicting tasks and deliver against rapidly changing priorities
• Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
• Professional “get it done” work ethic
• Good working knowledge of Excel
• Working knowledge of Sageline 50 / Sage Accounts Professional / Yardi
This role will be directly responsible for the accounting and reporting for one investment property within Fund II (and its legacy development property), with oversight of the estate management company and the UK's property management company along with the accounting and reporting for Fund III whilst providing ad hoc support for Fund I.