Credit Product Controller/Valuations (Flow & Structured)
Overview & Description:
- Product Control is primarily responsible for understanding, substantiating and controlling the daily trading balance sheet and income statement for Nomura, analysing the daily trading activities and explaining the trading divisions' revenue.
- Product Control support the execution of regular independent price verification to verify the values of positions held by the trading desks. In addition,
- Product Control review and opine on new products and transactions ensuring compliance with accounting, regulatory and valuation guidance and the efficient deployment of the firm's financial resources.
- Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the products they monitor and of the strategies used by the trading desk to generate revenue for Nomura. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role, suited to dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
- The role spans business advisory, performance analysis, balance sheet substantiation and valuation controls.
- The candidate will need to maintain close working relationships with the trading desk and develop a deep understanding of the business' trading strategies to evaluate desk performance and provide insight to the firm's senior management on business performance, challenges and opportunities.
- The candidate will have oversight of all Financial resource metrics including RWA, Leverage Exposure & Funding requirements and be expected to provide value add analysis of the usage and returns on resources deployed.
- The product control team are an integral part of new business development, co-ordinating the finance response to new products and non-standard transactions, ensuring the new trade proposals meet the firm's revenue returns requirements.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail with analytical capability and a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to face off with key business stakeholders.
- Self-starter with strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Track record of improving controls and processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders.
- Product Control experience with either an understanding of Credit Products including loans, CDS and repo, or a strong interest in building knowledge and exposure in this area.
- Product Control experience essential with a track record of improving controls and processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders.
- Accounting qualification and/or numerate degree preferable