VP/ SVP, Senior Tax Specialist - Private Banking and Trust
VP/ SVP, Senior Tax Specialist - Private banking and Trust
Our client is prestigious multinational Banking Group with a well-established presence in Asia. As part of business expansion in the banking arm, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax advisory join Hong Kong Team focusing on Private banking and Trust Tax advisory.
Report directly to Regional Head of Trust and work alongside with head of Tax and legal team, this role is essential to provide comprehensive Tax advisory to the business including trust business and private wealth. You will be responsible to direction and guidance to management of trust business in respect of tax issues that are relevant to the business and ensure that tax compliance and tax related projects are properly implemented. You will also be responsible to formulate and implement policies, procedures and practices in line with Group policies regarding tax compliance and tax risk management from a trustee perspective.
As the Tax Subject Matters Expert, you will be responsible to play a leading senior role in a team, responsible for compliance of all complex, multi-jurisdictional trust and corporate structures administered by offshore trust business. To ensure the accuracy and completeness of documentation and reporting systems with local and global tax obligations. In addition, you will be responsible to monitor changes in the global tax and regulatory environment as it applies to trusts and assess any required changes in business policies and procedures. Ensure any necessary changes are embedded and provide ongoing training to the business.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Over 10 years PQE of legal advisory for private high net worth clients or tax advisory experience in related to private banking, Trust business
- Strong knowledge in FATCA and CRS, Tax compliance are essential
- Equipped Knowledge of current laws and developments in the tax industry sector
- Understands the strategy and objectives of the trust business and help drive deliveries in line
- Preferably candidate have experience in trust and company administration
- Have a good understanding on United Kingdom tax implications as it applies to offshore trusts.
- Ideally a holder of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners or other qualification relevant to trust and company administration
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives and senior business stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred
- Fluency in both English and Cantonese
To apply, please contact Jennifer Yang for a confidential discussion at (852) 3708 9510 or email email@example.com quoting job reference number JY 33532. To visit more Legal, Compliance and Risk management jobs please check www.staranise.com.hk
Data collected will be for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 5 business days of your application, please assume your application has not been shortlisted.