Accounts Payable Assistant
In summary the role of Accounts payable Assistant is to ensure that suppliers are paid in accordance with approved costs, in a timely manner and that invoices and payments are accurately entered to the company's accounting software.
My client is a leading international property business based in The City of London. They are the 3rd largest private accommodation providers in the world. Established in the 1990's the company currently has some 16,800 beds under management, in 17 cities from Aberdeen to Southampton just in the UK and is actively seeking further acquisitions and developments on behalf if its international investors.
· Be able to query purchase orders in terms of chosen supplier, prices quoted, previous costs incurred and possible alternative suppliers.
· Ensure purchase orders are approved by authorised personnel, returned to residence staff and filed appropriately.
· Where relevant, ensure invoices are in agreement with approved purchase orders.
· Ensure Utility and Service agreement invoices are calculated with reference to contracted rates.
· Ensure numerical accuracy of all invoices.
· Ensure invoices are approved by authorised personnel.
· Enter invoices to the appropriate company and cost centre within the company's accounting software.
· Deal with all supplier enquiries.
· Raise a BACS / Chaps / Cheque as appropriate and pass to the mandated bank signatory, together with the supporting checked and approved invoice.
· Send the appropriate remittance to the relevant supplier.
· Enter the payment against the appropriate invoice(s) within the accounting software.
· File the paid invoice in the appropriate file.
Petty Cash and Employee expenses
· Ensure approved, paid and processed in accordance with procedures.
Cost analysis and management
· Schedule and maintain up to date analysis of key expenditure items, to aid cost control and management decisions and reporting. For example hourly contracted security rates, utility suppliers and rates, white goods, carpets, maintenance contracts etc.
Student deposit returns
· To assist with the process of returning deposit cheques to students at the end of their tenancy.
· Any other finance related tasks and projects as required.
Smart dress with a business like appearance.
Education & Qualifications
Minimum: Good GCSE grades, level A - C standard or equivalent, to include Maths and English.
Previous experience within a similar role.
Ensure control procedures are adhered to at all times.
A desire to add value to the business by ensuring that best price is achieved at all times and ensure that suppliers are paid in accordance with approved invoices.
Excellent numeric and communication skills.
Clear and legible handwriting.
Self motivated. Professional. Resilient. Adaptable.
Ability to work limited evenings and weekends as required during busy periods (student check in and move out).
Finance software, MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
In order to be successful in this Accounts Payable Assistant role you will have proven Accounts Payable skills and have held a similar role in a professional environment, preferably a property company previously.
You will be happy and content to wiork in an Accounts Payable Assistant role for the foreseeable, as this role has no immediate scope for progression.
You will be paid up to £28k+ 10% bonus and be happy top begin the role on a temporary basis starting w/c 17th December.
You will be able to commute to The City of London location with ease.